The 2014 Grants to Organizations cycle is now closed.
Grants to Organizations is supported by a major grant from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. This program is also supported by the Lily Auchincloss Foundation, The Louisa Stude Sarofim Charitable Trust and, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, in partnership with the City Council.
View past Organization Grant Recipients.
General Information for Applying Organizations
FCA provides grants to organizations that support or present professional artists making work of a contemporary or experimental nature. While there are many other arts nonprofits who do invaluable work, FCA has limited funds for this program and can only consider funding those organizations with a targeted mission in-line with the Foundation's own.
FCA does NOT award grants to:
• For-profit organizations
• Organizations outside of the United States
• Artists' collectives or performing groups (e.g. dance/theater companies, musical ensembles, etc.)
• Galleries, museums, art centers, publications or programming initiatives affiliated with colleges or universities
• Organizations that provide education and training activities, or performing activities for/by youth or students
• It is with rare exception that FCA supports organizations with annual operating budgets larger than $2 million.
Organizations that successfully receive funding for three consecutive cycles will rotate off for two cycles before becoming eligible again. For example, if an organization applied for support in 2010, 2011, and 2012 and received consecutive grants in these three years, it will not be eligible to apply in 2013 and 2014, but will be eligible to apply to FCA again in 2015.