Overview Grants by Application Grants by Nomination COVID-19 Relief Grants Frequently Asked Questions
Since FCA's inception, more than 7,000 grants awarded to artists and arts organizations—totaling over $25 million—have provided opportunities for creative exploration and development.
FCA supports individual artists and collectives working in dance, music/sound, performance art/theater, poetry, and the visual arts through four core grant programs: Grants to Artists, The John Cage Award, Emergency Grants, and The Ellsworth Kelly Award.
In 2022, Foundation for Contemporary Arts distributed $1.48 million in grants to individual artists, including:
- $900,000 through Grants to Artists—twenty grants of $45,000 each, including six awards named for artists long associated with FCA, and the biennial John Cage Award
- $475,000 through Emergency Grants—209 grants of varying amounts, for urgent project needs
- The $45,000 Ellsworth Kelly Award
- $18,000—grants of $2,000 each to nine artist-founded or -led mutual aid funds
- $40,000 in Contemporary Visual Arts Scholarships
"I was able to actually pay myself a salary for making a dance for the first time. Basically, this grant saved my ass."
— Pam Tanowitz, choreographer
2010 Grants to Artists | Dance