Assistant Manager, Development and Communications
FCA is seeking a full-time Assistant Manager, Development and Communications, reporting to the Deputy Director. This position assists with all aspects of FCA’s external relations and fund-raising including:
- Event and gala planning and execution
- Grant research, writing, and reporting, and maintaining institutional funder timetables
- Creating and distributing email announcements and press releases
- Membership group management and renewals
- Fundraising campaigns; contribution tracking, processing, and issuing acknowledgement letters
- Maintaining FCA’s website and social media presence (the latter in conjunction with Program Assistant)
- Interfacing with donors and artists
- Drafting correspondence, including formal letters and personalized event invitations via email
- Database management
- Other duties as assigned
FCA has a small staff; the Assistant Manager will be expected to work collaboratively on a wide variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment.
FCA seeks a candidate who will be an active participant in working towards our goals of equity, access, and inclusion.
- A minimum of two years prior full-time development or marketing experience, preferably in the non-profit arts field
- Interest or background in contemporary visual and/or performance art
- Strong writing and editing/proof-reading skills, with experience writing for web/social media
- Effective and sensitive communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with strong time management skills
- Ability to work with budgets and financial figures is key; prior Excel knowledge is a plus
- Must value completing work with attention to detail
- Comfortable working both independently and collaborating with team members as required; maintain focus in an open-office environment
- Fluency with Mac OS and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Working knowledge of fund-raising software, FileMaker Pro, or similar database and experience with email marketing software preferred.
- Proficiency with Facebook, Instagram; website CMS; and Adobe Photoshop and InDesign is preferred
The position is full-time, non-exempt. Compensation range is $55,000-$60,000 per year, commensurate with experience. FCA provides medical, dental, and vision insurance at no cost to full-time employees, paid holidays (including a one-week winter break), 10 additional days of paid vacation annually, and a Simple IRA employer-matched retirement plan.
Hours and Location
Hours of work are Monday-Friday, 10AM-6PM. A willingness and ability to work at weekday evening donor events 1-2x/month and the occasional Saturday event is required. The position manages an intern. This position is based at FCA’s office in New York City with some potential remote work flexibility.
Health and Safety
FCA requires that all staff members wear masks in the office and be fully vaccinated (including a booster shot) with an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment. Requests for reasonable accommodations for medical, religious, or other reasons will be considered in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employment
This position requires remaining stationary and using a computer for prolonged periods of time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. FCA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations that enable people with disabilities to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment as are enjoyed by others. If you are contacted for an interview and would like to request an accommodation for that date, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FCA is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other criterion specified by federal, state, or local laws, in the administration of its employment policy.
Please email cover letter and resume, with the subject line “Assistant Manager, Development and Communications” to email@example.com
The position is open until filled, but preference will be given to candidates who apply on or before February 18, 2022. We regret we are unable to respond individually to each applicant. We are only able to respond to candidates being considered for interviews.
FCA offers semester-long and summer internships to undergraduate and graduate students. Given the small size of the FCA staff, interns are given meaningful projects that provide an in-depth exposure to a nonprofit arts organization.
Semester-long interns are asked to make a two day minimum weekly commitment for a minimum of twelve weeks. Summer interns are asked to make a full-time commitment for a minimum of ten weeks. FCA is pleased to offer a stipend to semester and summer interns.
Selection is made on the basis of the applicant's interest in contemporary art, performance, music, and dance and/or the applicant's interest in fund-raising and development, and the desire to have a meaningful work experience. Applicants should be responsible, organized, motivated and detail oriented individuals with good writing skills, computer skills and a professional phone manner.
The application process is ongoing. Summer interns must apply by March 15 to be considered. Academic semester interns may apply at any time. To apply please email a resume and cover letter detailing how your background and coursework will contribute as well as what you wish to gain from the internship to:
Foundation for Contemporary Arts
820 Greenwich Street
New York, NY 10014