- Applicants must be living in the United States or U.S. territories and have a U.S. Tax ID Number (SSN, EIN, ITIN, or other)
- Applicants must have committed performance or exhibition opportunities, and be able to provide specific dates at the time of application.
- Applicants must be individual artists, or an individual representing an artist collective, ensemble, or group. Curators, producers, workshop organizers, organizations, or arts presenters are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants may not reapply for a project for which they have previously been denied funding.
- If you have received support from the FCA Emergency Grants COVID-19 Fund, you are still eligible to apply for an Emergency Grant.
- For the purpose of providing COVID-19 relief, we are temporarily suspending the three-year waiting period between grants. If you have received a grant from the Foundation in 2020 or earlier, you may apply for an Emergency Grant. The three-year waiting period will re-start with your next Emergency Grant.
- To confirm that your application meets program guidelines, please review our Emergency Grants F.A.Q.s.
EMERGENCY GRANTS DO NOT SUPPORT
- Life-related emergencies such as food, rent, medical bills, childcare, and other basic necessities
- Reimbursement for expenses that you have already incurred
- Projects with no scheduled exhibition or performance dates
- Fees for participation in a residency program, or other educational and artistic development opportunities. Review our Emergency Grants F.A.Q.s for residency-related questions.
- Deposits and registration fees for participation in an exhibition, fair, or other presentation opportunity
- Projects taking place in commercial gallery spaces
- Youth or educational programming
- Requests to attend, present at, or organize professional training, workshops, lectures, symposiums, conferences, or competitions
- Students (high school, undergraduate, graduate, Ph.D., doctoral candidates, and other students enrolled in any degree program at the time of application) are not eligible to apply
- Production of CDs, albums, or music videos
- Framing is generally not considered to be an urgent need unless the framing is clearly demonstrated to be an essential part of the work that will be presented
Have you read through the guidelines?Apply Now