The FCA Friends is a group of thoughtful and serious arts patrons committed to supporting contemporary visual and performing artists. Co-chaired by Caroline Hoffman and Paul Leong, the group funds one prestigious Grants to Artists award each year and directly selects the recipient of the FCA Friends Award. In 2018, the Founding Members selected Carissa Rodriguez as the first Grants to Artists recipient supported by the group. The 2019 award supported Mika Tajima, and the 2020 award will go to Andrew Schneider.
Members connect with FCA's rich community of artist supporters and recipients at private events and special programs. To provide an intimate and interactive experience, the FCA Friends membership goal is just 40 people. Recent and upcoming events include:
- Day trips to Ellsworth Kelly's Studio in Columbia County, New York, and Universal Limited Art Editions on Long Island
- Studio visits with Robert Gober and William Wegman
- Artist talks with Cecily Brown and Paul Chan
- Private tours of Donald Judd's home and studio at 101 Spring Street and the Louise Bourgeois House
- Private tours of museum exhibitions including Robert Rauschenberg: Among Friends at The Museum of Modern Art with Leah Dickerman,The Marlene Hess Curator of Painting and Sculpture, and Jimmie Durham: At the Center of the World at The Whitney Museum of American Art with Elisabeth Sussman, Sondra Gilman Curator of Photography